1940s Plaid Sheer Organza Green Shirt Dress | small/medium
D E T A I L S
• 1940s day dress
• fit + flare shape
• sheer cotton organdy
• plaid print
• bias-cut fabric on front of bodice + skirt side panels for pattern contrast
• shade of green, orange, white
• pointed lapel collar
• short sleeves
• small pleated detail on shoulders
• button closures on bodice
• fitted waist, adjustable with matching sash + thin belt loops
• flared a-line skirt
• metal side zipper
• unlined + sheer, a slip is recommended
• label: Frances McKay
A NOTE ON COLOR: Colors appear slightly darker in person.
M E A S U R E M E N T S
fits like a: small | medium
bust: 39" (plus about an inch of give due to bias-cut front of bodice)
waist: 28" (cinches smaller with sash)
hips: 44" (plus an inch or two of give due to bias-cut panels)
bodice length: 16.5"
sleeve length: 7.5"
skirt sweep: 76"
C O N D I T I O N
Very good vintage condition. Freshly washed and ready to wear! One small mend on front of skirt a few inches above the hem, measures 0.75"x0.25". One super tiny area of fabric wear on back edge of collar, approx 1/8" across. Suuuper faint pen mark on back of left sleeve, 1/2" across. Super tiny grey mark on back of skirt, less than 1/4" across.