1930s Leaf Burnout Butterfly Sleeve Blue Silk Velvet Dress | medium/large
D E T A I L S
• 1930s dress
• hourglass shape
• dark blue-purple silk velvet
• extra panel of fabric on front of bodice, attached only at shoulders + empire waist, decorative stitching at shoulders + gathered at empire waist
• dramatic butterfly sleeves w/ burnout leaf design
• empire waist decorated w/ cummerbund peplum gathered at side seams, leads into adjustable buckled belt in back
• slim skirt
• pull-over style, no closures
• label: no tag present
A NOTE ON FIT: There are no closures as it has a pull-over fit, so please make sure that your bust measurement is equal to or less than the natural waist measurement (so that you can pull the dress on over your head). Additionally, there are only a few places (besides securely at the side seams) where the belt is attached to the back of the bodice; you could easily cut those stitches so that the belt is fully adjustable for a more cinched in fit.
M E A S U R E M E N T S
fits like a: medium | large
empire waist: 34/35"
natural waist: 37"
bodice length: 14.75" (to empire waist)
sleeve length: 16"
skirt sweep: 54"
C O N D I T I O N
Good vintage condition. Ready to wear! The velvet is very structurally sound and wearable! A few breaks in the burnout leaves. Scattered tiny spots where the pile of the velvet shows variance. A few very tiny dark spots on front bodice fabric panel; they're only noticeable when inspected in the right light.