1970s Hand-Woven & Embroidered Guatemalan Huipil Dress | small
D E T A I L S
• 1970s Guatemalan huipil dress
• fit + flare shape
• navy blue medium-weight cotton, denim-like fabric
• stunning hand-woven floral design on front of bodice
• adorable hand-embroidered birds on sleeves
• colorful hand-woven stripes on skirt, including metallic blue lurex threads
• scoop neckline
• half sleeves
• nipped waist (meant to be a bit roomy)
• full maxi skirt
• pullover fit, no closures
• label: no tag present | hand-woven
M E A S U R E M E N T S
fits like a: petite small
shoulders: 18" (these typically hang a bit off the shoulders)
waist: up to 32"
hips: open | 68"
bodice length: 14.5"
sleeve length: 10"
skirt sweep: 141"
C O N D I T I O N
Very good vintage condition. Freshly cleaned and ready to wear! Minor wear to the bodice embroidery, which is only noticeable if you're looking very closely at it. A few small areas on the skirt where it's only a teensy lighter than the rest of the fabric, but this isn't really noticeable when worn.