1940s Chocolate Rayon Crepe & Gold Bishop Sleeve Evening Dress | medium
D E T A I L S
• 1940s formal dress
• hourglass shape
• chocolate brown rayon crepe
• metallic gold lurex ribbon trim with a leaf design
• dagger collar
• keyhole neckline with matching covered button closure
• shirring atop shoulders + sleeves
• thick shoulder pads
• dramatic bishop sleeves with snaps at wrists
• fitted waist, thin belt loops
• straight skirt with some room due to the sewn-down pleats
• nylon back zipper
• label: Max Kopp | California
A NOTE ON SLEEVES: There is a center seam down the sleeves, which had been stitched together when I bought the dress. If you desired, you could seam rip it so that the sleeves are open going down the outside of the arms.
M E A S U R E M E N T S
fits like a: medium
bodice length: 17"
sleeve length: 26"
skirt sweep: 62"
C O N D I T I O N
Very good vintage condition. Ready to wear! The nylon zipper is a more recent replacement of what would have been a metal zipper. There are two tiny pinholes on the front right of the bodice, and one on back of bodice below the left shoulder. There is subtle color variance in a few places, and two small color fade spots on front center of skirt; these aren't distracting as the rest of the dress's fabulous details are captivating. Some minor iron sheen on back (see last photo).