1940s Black Rayon & Satin Striped Evening Dress | medium
• 1940s evening dress
• hourglass shape
• true black woven rayon with a matte texture
• bodice features a delightful texture design of shiny satin rayon stripes connected to the matte rayon fabric with faggotting stitches
• angular peter pan collar with ties, texture blocked with the matte + satin fabrics
• keyhole at back neckline with double button closure
• cuffed three quarter dolman sleeves
• shoulder pads
• fitted waist, belt loops
• gored, slightly a-line skirt
• metal side zipper
• unlined; the back of the matte fabric is shiny/slippery + has a good weight to it, so a slip will not be needed
• label: Lady Alice | Stitched and Styled in California
A NOTE ON COLOR: The color is a true, deep black. There is absolutely no fading whatsoever, but the photos have been lightened to show detail - black is quite difficult to photograph!
M E A S U R E M E N T S
fits like a: medium
bodice length: 17.5" (includes room for shoulder pads, so will fit a bit shorter than 17.5")
sleeve length: about 13" (along inseam)
sleeve width: 14.5" (at underarm), 10" (at hem)
skirt sweep: 68"
C O N D I T I O N
Excellent vintage condition. No issues to note! Freshly cleaned and ready to wear!