1950s 1960s German Color Block Cotton Lace Up Dress | large/x-large
D E T A I L S
• 1950s/1960s German dirndl dress
• red + black
• lace-up bodice with brass rings + boning for structure, adjustable fit
• full skirt
• one in-seam pocket on right side
• hook/eye + metal snap closure at waist
• bodice lined in floral cotton fabric, skirt is unlined
• label: Lepperdinger | München Schützenstr. 12 -- made in Germany
A NOTE ON FIT: The side seams had been taken out about 3-3.5" on each side (6-7" total). The side seams could be taken back in to fit a smaller bust/waist, approx down to a 32/33"-37/38" bust and 27/28"-29/30" waist, or anywhere in between!
M E A S U R E M E N T S
fits like a: large | x-large
waist: 34-36" (hook/eye closure is currently set for 36" waist, can easily be moved to fit down to 34")
bodice length: 15.5" (shoulder seam can be let out 0.5", making the bodice length 16")
skirt sweep: 94"
C O N D I T I O N
Very good vintage condition. Ready to wear! One tiny repair on center back of neckline. Two very tiny holes on front of skirt have been repaired to prevent further spreading, not noticeable. Several super minor thread pulls toward the hem (hem is machine-finished, so perhaps these snags are from when the skirt was hemmed shorter by hand and then taken out. One very tiny, faint spot on front of bodice on red fabric. Side seam stitches that had previously been let out are slightly visible, but does not detract from how stellar this original + traditional dirndl is!