1940s Studs & Rhinestones Rayon Cocktail Dress | x-small/small
D E T A I L S
• 1940s evening dress
• hourglass shape
• black woven rayon
• adorned with hundreds of prong-set rhinestones + two different types of metal studs
• shirring atop the shoulders + thick shoulder pads
• long sleeves with tiny slits at inner wrist
• fitted waist with u-shaped seam in front
• belt is attached at sides of waist + has a fully adjustable slide buckle
• incredible pleated hip treatment
• slim skirt
• metal back zipper
• label: no tag present
A NOTE ON COLOR: The color is true black without any fading whatsoever. The photos have been lightened to show detail.
M E A S U R E M E N T S
fits like a: x-small | small
waist: 26" (cinches smaller with adjustable belt)
hips: 41" (works for smaller hips too, since it is meant to drape with the pleating)
bodice length: 15.5"
sleeve length: 23"
skirt sweep: 51"
C O N D I T I O N
Very good vintage condition. Ready to wear! One super tiny pinhole on back of skirt above hem, next to the left side seam; not seen when worn at all. The hem had previously been let out and re-hemmed for a longer length, but there is a slight crease present and some faint iron sheen in places; does not distract from how special this piece is! I mean, those hips!